Warehouse Order Selector
River Valley, a growing specialty foods and consumable products distributor in Syracuse, NY, is searching for full time Warehouse Order Selectors.
River Valley Holdings is a family-owned distribution company based in Syracuse, NY, serving retail customers across the northeastern United States. The River Valley family of companies: River Valley Foods, Cavallaro Foods and Garden Spot Foods, distributes a wide range of specialty dry and frozen grocery items and consumable products out of warehouses in Syracuse, NY and New Holland, PA.
We are currently scheduling interviews for 2nd Shift Warehouse Selectors to work in our Syracuse location. Please apply for consideration.
Selectors are responsible for safely and accurately selecting cases of grocery products and building pallets for delivery to retail customers. The successful candidate is goal-oriented and demonstrates dependability, efficiency, and attention to detail.
This position is FULL TIME with competitive benefit offerings:
- Medical & Dental benefits
- Life & disability insurance
- Supplemental insurances
- 401k with company match
- 2 weeks of vacation per year
- Employee assistance program
- Employee purchase program
- Comfortable break room with Fresh Express and picnic area
- Opportunity for advancement
Wage: Starting rate of $20.00 per hour with increase up to $21.00 possible within 90 days
Hours: Schedules are 4 days from 2:30 PM – work is finished (generally within 10 hours although overtime may be required/available) on Sunday - Thursday & Saturday.
- Select stock to fill customer orders.
- Read order requirements and shelf locations.
- Ensure order accuracy while meeting productivity goals.
- Build and prepare pallets for shipping.
- Safely operate equipment required to pick stock from shelves.
- Work with team members and supervisors to ensure coordination of work.
- Perform additional job duties as required.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Must be at least 18 years old and have a High School diploma or equivalent
- Able to read and speak English
- Able to lift 50 pounds consistently throughout the shift
- Able to stand, walk, lift and bend for extended periods of time
- Able to pass a pre-employment drug screening test
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work
- Prior warehouse experience (preferred, not required)
- Ability to adapt and demonstrate flexibility
- Ability to communicate and use teamwork to achieve goals
River Valley Holdings is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).